National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level common medical entrance test, expected to be held on May 5, 2013 in India. This exam is conducted by CBSE for students of Medical Science aspiring to get admission in MBBS and MS. NEET facilitates students of XII class or XII pass-outs to get admission in almost all medical colleges (including private colleges) in India. This test at under graduate level is declared by the Government of India and will be held on May 5, 2013 across India for the first time. Wherein, NEET for postgraduate courses such as MD/MS/Diploma shall be held online on November 23 – December 6, 2012.
The Medical Council of India (MCI) has decided that the NEET 2012 exam will contain 180 questions to be attempted in 180 minutes. The test will be divided in 4 sections – physics, chemistry, botany and zoology. Each section will have 45 questions in both English and Hindi.
Since this exam is going to be conducted on an all India level, the competition is pretty tough. One must be prepared to deal with the competition. For this, it becomes necessary to know the variety and type of questions that are asked in the exam. You can acquaint yourself with NEET’s question pattern by practising with mock test papers. They familiarize you with the kind of questions asked so that you can practice answering them, applying what you have studied, and organizing the time in the best way possible. There are many education publications that bring out bundles of mock test and previous year question papers. We’ve chosen the best from the whole lot.
Best Mock Test & Previous Year Papers for CBSE NEET
- The Pearson Guide to the Medical Entrance Examinations for NEET/AFMC/AIIMS by K K Arora, N K Sharma, and B K Trivedi is a book that is strictly based on the latest syllabus recommended by the executive board for medical entrance examinations. This book contains previous year papers of Delhi PMT 2009, CBSE AIPMT 2010, Delhi PMT 2010, AIPMT (prelims) 2012, AIMPT (mains) 2012 and CBSE AIPMT 2009. Also, this book systematically explains all the topics that appear in the exam.
- For Medical CET Biology in 40 Days NEET-UG 2012 by S Chakravarty is a compilation of detailed theory along with solved papers from year 2008-2011. Also, the book consists of mock test papers for thorough practice.
- For Medical CET Physics in 40 Days NEET-UG 2012 by S B Tripathi is a collection of topics explained in great detail along with solved papers from year 2008-2011. Also, the book consists of mock test papers for thorough practice and familiarization with the type of questions you will face in the exam.
- All India Pre-Medical Tests CBSE Objective Physics 24 Years Chapter Wise Solutions by Expert Compilations contains 24 years’ (2011-1988) chapter-wise objective questions with solutions. The book also has a formula bank at its end and CBSE-AIPMT solved papers from 2010-2011.
- All India Pre-Medical Tests CBSE Objective Chemistry 24 Years Chapter Wise Solutions by Expert Compilations is a collection of chapter-wise objective questions of past 24 years’ medical exams with solutions. The book also has a formula bank at its end and CBSE-AIPMT solved papers from 2010-2011.
- Objective Question Bank Chapter-Wise & Topic-Wise Biology (Medical Entrances) by Sudhakar Banerjee covers different types of questions from 2003-2011 medical exam papers with solutions. It contains more than 6,500 questions for practice. Explanations with the figures of the topic are provided at the end of each chapter.
- 24 Years CBSE-PMT Topic Wise Solved Papers CHEMISTRY (1988 – 2011) by Disha Experts contains previous years’ CBSE-PMT papers from 1988 onward. These papers are divided into 24 chapters. This book also offers solved CBSE mains papers from 2004 till now. The solved papers are provided for conceptual clarity and understanding.
- 24 Years CBSE-PMT Topic Wise Solved Papers BIOLOGY (1988 – 2011) by Disha Experts includes previous years’ CBSE-PMT papers from 1988 till now. These papers are spread across 24 chapters. This book offers solved CBSE mains papers from 2004 for conceptual clarity and easy understanding.
- AIIMS: Topic-Wise Solved Papers with 1 Mock Test (1997-2012) by Disha Experts consists of previous years’ solved papers for physics, chemistry, biology and general knowledge from 1997 till date. These papers have been divided into 20 topics so that you can revise one topic and then solve previous years’ questions for it. The book includes around 3,200 questions in total, with 2,500 MCQs and 700 reasoning questions. Also, it has 1 solved mock test paper based on the latest exam pattern.
- AFMC Topic-Wise Solved Papers by Disha Experts consists of memory-based solved papers for physics, chemistry and biology from the last 14 years distributed across 25 topics. These questions not only help you prepare but will also help you revise. This book even contains 1 solved mock test paper based on the latest exam pattern.