The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level common medical entrance test conducted by CBSE for students of Medical Science aspiring to get admission in MBBS and MS courses. NEET facilitates XI or XII class students and XII pass-outs to get admission in almost all medical colleges (including private colleges) in India. The test at under graduate level is conducted by the Government of India and will be held on May 5, 2013 across the country for the first time. NEET for postgraduate courses such as MD/MS/Diploma shall be held online on November 23 – December 6, 2012.
The Medical Council of India (MCI) has decided that the NEET 2013 exam will contain 180 questions to be attempted in 180 minutes. The test will be divided in 4 sections – physics, chemistry, botany and zoology. Each section will have 45 questions in both English and Hindi.
Since this exam is going to be conducted at an all India level, the competition is pretty tough. One must be prepared to deal with the competition. For this, it becomes necessary to know the variety and type of questions that are asked in the exam. You can acquaint yourself with the topics covered in NEET exam by studying from subject-specific reference books. They familiarize you with the topics so that you can apply what you have studied while answering the questions. There are many education publications that bring out bundles of Biology reference books. We’ve chosen the best from the whole lot.
10 Best Biology Prep Books for CBSE NEET 2013
1. NEET Biology: Common Medical Entrance Exam by Disha Experts is contains objective pattern-based questions developed as per the NCERT XI and XII class books. The book has 38 chapters in all, including precise theory and illustrative examples. This book also contains 2 solved exercises for practice at the end of each chapter.
3. ACE Biology for NEET Medical Entrance Exam Vol. 1 (Class 11)
by R C Narang and Sahil Agarwal, is developed in a manner that would provide you guaranteed success in NEET common medical entrance exam. It is organised as MCQs as per the XII class NCERT chapter plan following the latest NEET syllabus. This book contains 22 chapters in all which provide exhaustive point-wise theory along with figures and illustrations for better preparation. Also, it includes 3 MCQ exercises for practice as per NCERT syllabus, previous medical exams and best questions that are likely to appear in the exam.
4. ACE Biology for NEET Medical Entrance Exam Vol. 2 (Class 12)
by R C Narang and Sahil Agarwal, is developed on objective pattern prescribed by NCERT for XII class. The book contains 16 chapters as per the latest NEET syllabus. Each chapter offers exhaustive point-wise theory supplemented with well-labelled diagrams, illustrations, checkpoints. The book also includes 3 MCQ exercises for practice. It is one of the most student-friendly books for Biology.
6. For Medical CET Biology in 40 Days NEET-UG 2012
by S Chakravarty provides detailed theory along with the figures and illustrations to understand the topic. This book contains six unit tests and three full-length mock tests for you to check your preparation and give you a hang of questions that you will face in the exam hall. Also, the book includes solved previous years’ papers (2008-2011) of AIPMT, AFMC and AIIMS.
8. Hand Book of Biology by Rahul Chawla is a 128 page hand-cum-pocketbook that is extremely helpful for last minute revision as it gives you an overview of the complete biology syllabus for CBSE NEET. So, it becomes easier for the students to revise at the last moment.
9. MTG AIIMS Physics, Chemistry and Biology: 18 Years Chapter-wise Solutions (1994 – 2011) by MTG Editorial Board contains all the topics of Physics, Chemistry and Biology covered in an exhaustive manner for your ready reference and easy understanding. This book also contains the previous year papers of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from 2008–2011 to give you a fair idea about the type of questions that will appear in the exam.
10. 25 Years CBSE-PMT Topic wise Solved Papers BIOLOGY (1988 – 2012) by Disha Experts contains topic-wise solved previous years’ papers of CBSE-PMT 1988 onwards. The 38 chapters have been arranged in accordance with the NCERT books so as to make it convenient for XI and XII class students. The book contains around 1300+ MCQs that will help in your better understanding of the chapter.