The UGC NET exam is a national level competitive exam for post graduate candidates who wish to enrol themselves for PhD programme and teaching jobs at university level in different colleges and Universities. The UGC NET exam is conducted twice a year and successful candidates in the exam are eligible to apply for PhD Degree (Junior Research Fellowship) and lecturer jobs in colleges and universities. The CSIR UGC NET exam is jointly conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grants Commission (UGC). CSIR UGC NET exam is conducted only for Science and Engineering discipline, while for Arts and Humanities, the exam is conducted by UGC alone and is referred to as UGC-NET. The exam is going to be held in June 2013.
Since this exam is going to be conducted at an all India level, you will face tough competition. Hence, it becomes essential to know the kind and variety of questions that are asked in the exam. You can cover the topics that are expected to appear in the UGC CSIR exam by studying from life sciences reference books. These books will familiarize you with the topics so that you can validate what you have studied. There are many education publications that bring out collection of UGC CSIR reference books. We’ve chosen the best of life science reference books from the whole lot.
Best 7 UGC CSIR Life Sciences Prep Books
- CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SLET Life Sciences (Paper I & II) by Dr. A P Singh & Kumar Pushkar (Upkar Publishers) contains all the topics of life science exhaustively covered. This book also includes objective type questions along with memory based previous year papers of UGC CSIR (Paper I & II).
- UGC-CSIR NET (JRF & LS) Life Science by Ashish Nagesh, Quaisher J Hossain and Prashant Kumar (Arihant) includes the topics as per the syllabus of UGC CSIR explained in an easy way. Also, the book contains solved previous year papers of 2011 and 2012, and mock test papers for you to have a thorough idea of the type of questions that you will see in the exam.
- UGC-CSIR NET/JRF: Life Sciences by Dr. Pramod Singh (Trueman) contains the mock common test paper, compulsory paper along with solutions. This book extensively covers the syllabus of UGC CSIR for your easy understanding.
- Life Sciences: Reference Manual for UGC Examinations (NET, SLET, JRF and UGC CSIR) by Eds. (Reference Press) would help the aspirants to succeed in this particular discipline of life sciences in the exams such as National Eligibility Test (NET), State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), and Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This book has been divided into different sections and topics. Special attention has been paid to prepare on exhaustive question bank for the Objective Part (Paper-II) and Descriptive Part (Paper-III) of the examination.
- Joint UGC CSIR NET Life Sciences by Pathania Pc and Ziaul Hasan Faruqi (Satya Prakashan) is useful for exams like National Eligibility Test (NET), Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) as it includes topic wise elucidation of life science discipline, along with questions that are beneficial for students.
- DGP Life Sciences: Joint CSIR UGC Test State Level Eligibility Test for Junior Research by Cheema SS, Chinmayee Mohanty and Harjeet Singh ( Byword Books P. Ltd.) is a beneficial book for UGC NET and JRF life sciences discipline. This book contains in-depth explanation of topics for enhanced comprehension.
- CSIR/NET Life Sciences by Arun Chaudhary, B L Chaudhary and Kailash Choudhary (New Age Publishers)
gives an insight of the subject in detail. Each chapter in this book is supplemented with two practice test papers. Eight chapters containing 10 model test papers are included to give training to the students of this steam. Model test papers include questions on mathematics, computer science, geography, physics, chemistry and life sciences which form the curriculum of Part-A of Paper I.